Established by Dr Tin Ka Ping, the school adheres to the mission of establishing ethics and developing capabilities in its provision of education. Our motto is "after establishing yourself, help establish others". The education we provide aims at all-rounded development of five ways of life: ethics, intellect, physique, social skills and aesthetics, with prioritization on ethics. With strong focus on a culture of maintaining modesty and strict discipline, students develop self-awareness, self-discipline and self-respect through the education they receive at the school.
The Student Affairs Committee is committed to cultivation of proper core values in students, and comprises the following five committees: Moral & Civic Education Committee, Student Discipline Committee, Student Guidance Committee, Extra-curricular Activities Committee, and Life Planning Committee. Through a variety of activities, leadership training, and inter-committee and inter-subject collaboration, students are encouraged to venture outside and bring benefits inside. This enriches students' learning experience, develops their self-refinement and inner qualities, and enables them to achieve personal goals and lead richer and more fulfilling lives. A fair system is in place to provide students with recognition and implement disciplinary action when needed. A variety of classroom and Extra-curricular activities outside the classroom are available to help students understand their strengths and weaknesses, through which they can develop confidence and self-respect and take action for improvement. Through extra-curricular activities and students' organizations, students develop leadership and maximize their potential, which they can demonstrate in learning and activities. In addition, we encourage students to care about, help and learn from each other, as well as to establish favourable networks of personal relationships. Students are expected to develop positive attitudes, be loving to their families and friends, understand the community and society where they live in, care about national developments, and implement the school's motto of "after establishing yourself, help establish others".
- Develop good characters, strong ethics and positive values in students;
- Assist students in developing proper self-concepts, self-esteem and independence;
- Assist students in cultivating care and developing understanding of the community, society, country and world where they live in, and foster their sense of belonging and service;
- Develop students’ care of and empathy for their families, peers and elderly in the community;
- Develop a spirit of the rule of law in students;
- Develop self-cultivation and altruism as well as a lifelong aspiration for these values among students.
Vision of Student Development
Knowledge-based, value-based, establishment of strong foundations to support the pursuit of aspirations